Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

So, I am putting together an outfit for a Great Gatsby Picnic...it will be my first, and also my first 1920's costume. The thing is... um... I don't have a 1920's figure. The drapey, falls straight from the shoulder stopped by a wide belt low on the hips with a full skirt to the knee makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up just thinking about it.

Happily there is the "other" dress, a robe de style by Lanvin to save the day. I am going to be making my version in a natural white silk accented with red flowers and black ribbon. Here is the inspiration style at FIDM, and here is my sketch of my version...please note drawing is not really a strong point, my sketches are just to help me record my thoughts. You have been warned...proceed with catuion



In addition to the FIDM dress here are some elements I like and hope to use in my version of a robe de style


Huge flower with long ribbon detail


Floaty pretty sheer bottom detail. Note: my silk is this same sort of natural white silk color. Well thats the plan...deadline June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template designed by Rainy Day